Nov 29, 2011

Thala...What???

Thalassemia is what!  A few weeks after Adelee was born we got a letter from the state in the mail stating her hemoglobin results were inconclusive.  Dr. Sood said not to worry about it, they would retest and it would probable be fine.  And if the results were abnormal???  Dr. Sood said there isn't anything to worry about it she just won't respond to iron.  I haven't thought much about it since then.  I took Adelee for another blood draw and sent it off, haven't worried about it since.  I called the Dr. office to see if the results were in and was told they would ask Dr. Sood and call me back.  The next day I get a message telling me to call the office when I can.  That right there told me the answer...if it was normal they would have told me on the message.  I got the message AFTER the phones were off on a Friday.  I had to wait all weekend to call back.  The nurse told me what I already knew and said the labs were already sent over to HEMOC and to call them for an appt.  First I had no idea what HEMOC was and when I called the number they answered "Children's Oncology", I responded "WHERE DID I CALL"????  The lady could tell I was freaked out and then said the full name "Children's Hematology and Oncology".  Ok really, she could have lead with that!  So we have an appointment on the 6th and I will find out more.  I am a little nervous because I did what you are never supposed to do, I consulted "Dr. Google".  People-Never consult Dr. Google when you don't even have the facts yet!  Please just let the 6th get here quickly so that I know what we are dealing with.  Here is a recent picture of little Miss.

1 comment:

  1. Lots of love from Texas, friend. Waiting is gruesome, especially when your child is involved. Praying for the wisdom of those you will be meeting with and for your peace in the meantime.

    Much love,
    Stacie

    ReplyDelete

comments